Monday, June 16, 2008

Alas, for the days of Crest Foods...

Josh and I are on a quest to find a new grocery store now that we're in Tulsa. All you OKC folk are lucky to live in the land of Crest Foods, and so far nothing here seems to compare.
However, I did have an interesting encounter at Reasor's today. I had just stepped into the hair product aisle when a stranger said, "Excuse me?" I turned to him and he informed me, "I am a painter, and I just wanted to tell you I think your hair is beautiful and I am going to incorporate it into a painting. The way you did it is just lovely." I said thank you, and that was all. He left, and I thought, "Gee, I guess I should braid my hair more often." Yep, just a braid. Apparently a very effective braid, though.

In other news, our so far unmentioned trip to Chicago and Portland was awesome. Again, in convenient highlight form for you:
1. Pickle and Tabby were awesome hosts, have a supercool apartment, and live down the street from a sweet independent coffee shop.
2. Charles' wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun. Quite a few people took full advantage of the open bar, giving us a couple very funny stories.
3. My mom's new oven makes a noise identical to the sound of Mario breaking open a coin box.
4. Seafood is delicious. Tillamook ice cream is delicious. Papa Haydn's is delicious. McMennamin's is delicious. Elephant ears are delicious. Et cetera - I don't think Joe and Meg will eat again for a month!
5. Free $30 bottle of wine from Nehalem Bay Winery. Go if you happen to be driving up the 101 between Tillamook and Cannon - it's fantastic!
6. A broken airplane meant we got an extra day in Portland and were able to hit the REI used gear sale and the Saturday Market after all.

Thanks Oregon friends for a great time - we'll see you in December!

1 comment:

Cara said...

what a powerful braid!