Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Single Life

Josh left me for a month. He went to Oregon to do an FP sub-internship and live with my parents, and eat my mom's cooking, and hang out with my friends. I do get to head out there next weekend, but other than that I won't see him until Thanksgiving in Houston. So now I'm living on my own.
I think I have successfully filled my time so far. I winterized our backyard and went to Oktoberfest with Ashley on Saturday. I've been taking Ada for walks at Woodward Park and working on a couple priority sewing projects. Small group at Dave and Ruth's is awesome on Mondays, and I bet they wouldn't mind if I came by slightly more often than that.

I was a little worried about cooking for one, but I came up with a brilliant solution: soup.
You can make a pot of soup at the beginning of the week, and it can feed one person (who doesn't mind eating the same thing over and over again) for days. Since he had to leave, I'm glad Josh went in the fall because soup in the fall is fantastic. I'm on night three of minestrone right now and I have a pot of chicken tortilla soup planned. I make a mean creamy-turkey soup, and I want to try my hand at butternut squash soup. I had some in Eureka Springs last week (at the Lovin' Oven!) with roasted squash seeds on top, and it was one of the best things ever.

No comments: