Sunday, October 10, 2010

Halfway There

I've finished 5 of the 10 quilts I had planned when we first moved to Oregon.  It's been extra nice having my mom's sewing room and fabrics and machine to help me knock all these out!  I finally finished the grey and yellow one that I posted about almost two months ago.  It's for our niece who is due to be born at any moment!  I put it in the mail for her yesterday:


In this one you can see the butterflies that it's quilted all over with:


And not to leave out our first niece Abi, who is so excited to be a big sister, I made a purse for her because she's pretty much a grown-up now:


We bought tickets to go visit over Thanksgiving and we're so excited to see everybody.  Since all of the quilts I have left belong in Oklahoma, I'll try to get as many of them as I can done by then so we can deliver them in person.

3 comments:

Emily Lash said...

wow. you are my hero. That grey and yellow quilt is so beautiful. love the butterflies

Ash said...

Wow, nice work! You have a gift, my friend.

And congrats on the soon-to-arrive niece!

Cara said...

LOVE the yellow and grey! Great job!