Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Zoo Lights

Josh and I went to Zoo Lights with our residency bff, Denise, on Sunday.  The Oregon Zoo makes beautiful displays all over the grounds.  For instance, a safari scene complete with light-alligators opening their mouths and a light-bird swooping into a light-river to pick up a light-fish.  It is pretty spectacular.  I mention this experience for two reasons:

1. Among all the animals made of lights that you would expect to find at the zoo, there was a light-triceratops and also a light-stegosaurus being attacked by light-raptors.  What?  And a light-unicorn, with a beard.  Whaaaat?

2.  We rode the steam engine.  Not the new-fangled zoo train, but the old steam engine that they only bring out for special occasions.  Why is this so exciting to me (aside from the fact that steam engines are cool)?  My grandpa helped build the Oregon Zoo Steam Engine back in the day.  I feel pretty important having that as a part of my family history.  My roots are deep in this city, and I like them here.

This is an old picture, we don't have any snow yet!

1 comment:

Nike Athena said...

So now Josh can go back to his director and say, "Actually, unicorns are animals, they made them at the Zoo." I still haven't gone to the Zoo lights. One day!