Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Work, work, work

I've been working almost nonstop lately.  I get up and go to work, I come home and work long distance for the Tulsa office until I go to bed so I can get up and work some more.  I have really liked working from home for Tulsa.  I curl up in my parents' living room on their oversized chairs, pop in a movie, and enter donor data to my heart's content.  That's the way to make a living! 
They won't need me much longer though, and my job here will start to need me more.  Our department shrunk by a couple people, and I'll take over their duties and get a promotion of sorts.  I'm quite pleased about it, but enough about boring work things.  All of this busyness hasn't left much time for crafting, but I do have plans.

I got a couple books for Christmas that I'm excited to try things from.  First, a cheese making book.  It's fantastic, and I'm going to be a cheese making machine one day.  Second, I got Elizabeth Hartman's Practical Guide to Patchwork which has some absolutely wonderful patterns in it.  I chose an applique leafy pattern for my next quilt, and so far all I've had time to do is practice a little:

 And choose the fabrics for my leaves:


Once I've got a block put together, I'll post it.  Unless it's ugly.  And then I'll post about my new ideas.

2 comments:

Nike Athena said...

I'm super curious about the homemade cheese! Applique is pretty.

Laura R said...

We should have a cheese making day with the girls! I've made mozzarella before, and it was pretty easy (with experienced help) and tasty.