Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Life

This week has definitely been an adjustment. With Josh in the surgery rotation, we've been going to bed quite early. He gets up at 4 to be at the hospital before 5. Since we've gone to bed so early, I can't sleep for too long after that. I've been going to work at 7:30, which is nice because then I'm off by 3:30. But even then, Josh doesn't get home until at least 5:30, often later. It's so strange because he'll get home in time to eat, maybe read for a little bit, and then go back to bed. It's okay for a while, but I'm glad this lifestyle has an end date, and I bet when it gets close we will be more than ready.
On the plus side, I kind of like being an early riser. I get to bum around in the mornings, enjoy a cup of coffee, look at our fantastic garden (yes, Josh did build a waterfall; my job was mostly digging in the dirt), and take my time getting ready for the day. Who knows, maybe I'll adopt this habit permanently. Yeah, we'll see.
My job is still good. It's been a lot of fun moving to an office of mostly girls, and it seems that every week someone is retiring, or having a birthday, or having a baby - so we get to party! There is always cake somewhere. Who doesn't look for that in an office?
Lastly, the house is almost completely box-free! The garage is another story...

1 comment:

Cara said...

i hope box-free means pictures and parties are coming soon!!!