Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Make Yourself at Home

So, I tried to come up with a clever title for my revamped blog.  I'm pretty pleased with "Make Yourself at Home" for two reasons.  The first is that I love to be hospitable.  I love doing/making things for people and making them feel welcome around me.  I want you to make yourself at home. 

The second reason is that I feel the most myself when I am at home doing what I love.  It is where I get to be creative, it is where I naturally put others first, it is where I best like who I am.  I try to be consistent everywhere I go, of course, and having this home space where I can ground myself daily and "make myself" into who I want to be is so helpful for those efforts.  So, when you run into "commuter Laura" or "workday Laura" or "hanging out Laura," know that she is trying to be kind and intentional and thoughtful and creative and productive because that's the person I want to make myself into.  And for me, that starts at home.

No comments: