As soon as I finished Remy's quilt after months of careful piecing and design, I started a simpler, but still detailed, quilt. This quilt is probably made of just as many pieces, but they went together so much faster!
I used this technique to piece together 300 3" squares super-quickly. There's none of that one-piece-at-a-time nonsense this way, and the points come out just perfectly. Every time.
Look how much was lost to seam allowance in the first row!
I had fun sticking 300 individual squares on my design board and trying to make it look both random and balanced. Although it took up the whole design board before they were sewn together, the finished product is a little baby quilt only about 3'x4'. This one is for one of the chief residents at Josh's program that just had a little girl this week!