Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quilty Catch Up Part 3

This next quilt was made for Susannah Molinaro (Sue-Mo for short!).  For once, I was on track to finish a baby quilt before a due date, but Susannah decided to come a little early.  Then I waited for a dry day to take pictures of the quilt outside.  It's Oregon.  I waited a couple weeks.  But I was excited about the way the bright quilt looked outside on a grey day:


Although the fabrics made me think of fresh fruits for some reason, I quilted tulips on the squares.  For the border, I free handed some swirly, ribbon-like lines that followed the idea of the lines that connected the tulips.  I was pleasantly surprised at my success without using an image to trace!


I was also pleasantly surprised by this rose blooming in January.


2 comments:

Nike Athena said...

This may be my second favorite quilt I've seen you do! (The first being the one on your blog heading.)

Laura said...

I hope I can top them both when I make yours :)